The Rajasthan High Court has intimated that all the Subordinate Courts/ Special Courts/ Tribunals in the state shall start/ continue regular functioning with physical presence of Advocates, litigants and other concerned stakeholders, from October 19, 2020.
This is not applicable to the courts of Jaipur Metropolitan-I, Jaipur Metropolitan-Il and Bikaner Judgeships situated at District Headquarters.
The court proceedings may also be conducted through video conferencing or tele-conferencing.
Recording of evidence
- Recording of evidence will begin in all cases where the accused are in judicial custody, where directions for time bound disposal are given and cases which are more than 10 years old.
- Evidence will also be recorded in cases of all other categories where parties are desirous to do so and no adverse order will be passed in such cases till 12.11.2020 where parties do not lead evidence.
- From 18.11.2020, evidence will be recorded in all types of cases and if the parties fail to produce evidence, appropriate orders as per law may be passed.
- Wearing of coat would be optional till further orders
- Entry of law interns in the court premises would be strictly prohibited.
- Canteens, Photo Copying shops, Book shops and E-Mina kiosks may be opened with required protocol/s/ arrangements as prescribed by Central and State Governments.
- Other general directions regarding sanitation, social distancing and wearing of masks.