The University Law College, Bengaluru has taken an extraordinary initiative to appoint five designated Senior Advocates of High Courts and Supreme Court as 'Distinguished Visiting Faculty'.
The following Senior Advocates have consented to serve as Honorary Visiting Professors for a period of two years (as permitted by the UGC guidelines):
1. Ravivarma Kumar, Senior Advocate, Karnataka High Court & Former Advocate General of Karnataka
2. Mohan V. Katarki, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
3. Uday Holla, Senior Advocate, Karnataka High Court & Former Advocate General of Karnataka
4. Basavaprabhu S. Patil, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
5. Jayana Kothari, Senior Advocate, Karnataka High Court
The University law college, Bangalore (ULC), a constituent College of Bangalore University is the premier law Institute in India offering undergraduate and post graduate courses in law besides enrolling students in the research activities leading to Ph.D.
As per a press note issued by the university,
"The ULC has been continuously innovating in teaching and research activities to meet the challenges posed by globalization.
The ULC has been hosting lectures of Advocates and eminent legal luminaries to develop synergy between the academics and profession in niche areas of law namely constitutional law, inter State water law, international law corporate laws, IPR laws, Environmental Law etc."
The Principal, faculty and students have Thanked all the Senior Advocates for accepting the request to be the Distinguished Visiting Faculty of University Law College and also the Vice Chancellor and authorities for their approval.