BR Foundation is conducting an online certificate course on the International Dispute Settlement from May 28- May 31, 2021.
About the Course
This course is an annual 4-day course on "International Dispute Settlement" especially focusing on the developments and growing relevance of international dispute settlement mechanism all around the globe. Through this Certificate Course, we seek to provide the participants with an in-depth knowledge of the growing relevance of international dispute settlement mechanisms all around the globe. International arbitration is a rapidly growing area of law and is increasingly being adopted around the world by states and international businesses as a method for resolving international commercial and investment disputes. In the recent past, it has evolved to allow parties from different legal, linguistic and cultural backgrounds to resolve their dispute more swiftly in a final and binding manner without indulging in the hassles of traditional legal procedures of their own countries.
The academic session is spread across nearly 20-25 hours and covers various areas such as international commercial arbitration, drafting of arbitration agreement, interim reliefs, international investment arbitration, third party funding in international arbitration, etc.
About the Speakers
Following are the confirmed speakers for the course:
1. Mr. Nakul Dewan, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India and Barrister at 20 Essex Street, Singapore
2. Mr. Steven Finizio, Partner, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, London
3. Mr. Tejas Karia, Partner and Head Arbitration, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
4. Catriona Paterson, Partner, Omnia Strategy LLP, London
5. Dharshini Prasad, Counsel, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, London
6. Shalaka Patil, Principal Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
7. Mr. Surjendu Sankar Das, AOR, Supreme Court of India and Ex-Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
8. Mr. Debesh Panda, AOR, Supreme Court of India
9. Mr. Robert Price, Associate, International Arbitration, Latham & Watkins, London
10. Mr. Sandeep Bhalothia MCIArb, CIAE, Head of Legal Affairs, Augumented Era, Dubai
11. Ms. Tinaz Kalyanvala ACIArb, Counsel- International Arbitration
12. Mr. Tariq Khan, Principal Associate, Advani & Co.
The Course shall cover the following aspects of International Dispute Settlement:
- History and evolution of dispute settlement mechanisms especially arbitration in India and worldwide
- Important provisions of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 2015 including interim reliefs and appointment of arbitrators
- Arbitrability of disputes in international arbitration
- Institutional and adhoc arbitration
- International commercial arbitration
- Drafting of arbitration agreement including issues in choice of law of contract, seat and venue
- International investment arbitration
- Challenges and enforcement of foreign award and New York Arbitration Convention
- Third Party Funding in international arbitration
- Negotiation and mediation
- Emergency arbitration
The total intake for the Certificate Course is restricted to 100 participants. Applications are open for professionals, legal practitioners, and law students in India and across the world.
Please register through the link provided below:
Deadline for Registration: May 25, 2021
Interested students may also reach us at the email address set out below: [email protected]