The National Law University Delhi Journal of Legal Studies (JLS) is inviting submissions for its forthcoming Volume III, due to be published in August 2021. The Journal particularly welcomes authors whose voices are marginalized in knowledge production about law and society.
JLS is the flagship student-run journal of National Law University, Delhi. It is an annual peer-reviewed journal which seeks to provide a forum for students, academics and professionals to engage in discussions on varied issues of contemporary importance in domestic and international law and policy.
- Articles (5000 to 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes) – Papers that comprehensively analyse a theme and engage with all the existing literature on it.
- Essays (3000 to 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes) – Papers that concisely analyse specific contemporary issues.
- Case notes and/or Legislative Commentaries (2000 to 7000 words, inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Reviews: Between 2,000 to 3,000 words.
- The deadline for the submission of manuscripts is 11:59 PM (IST) on January 10, 2021.
- Manuscripts submitted after the deadline shall be reviewed for the next volume on a rolling basis. Submissions are accepted only in electronic form.
- The submission must be made in a Microsoft Word (.docx) format via e-mail to [email protected] with the email title as 'Submission – JLS'.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of National Law University, Delhi. All rights are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. On subsequent reproduction, the authors would be required to credit the original publication in the Journal of Legal Studies. The University reserves the right to reproduce, publish and distribute any paper submitted for publication in all media, including but not limited to electronic and print media.
For any questions or clarifications, the authors may contact the Board at [email protected].
Further information can be found here.