West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences has launched their Online Lecture Series, a digital platform for dialogues and discussions. Through this initiative, NUJS aims to stimulate and sustain the attitude of learning and excellence. In this lecture series, we shall have distinguished people from the legal fraternity, including practising lawyers, academicians, corporates and judges.
The first online lecture was conducted on 11th May (Monday), with Ms Pinky Anand (Additional Solicitor General, Government of India). She spoke on 'Invocation of Force Majeure in times of COVID-19'. The session was moderated by Prof. Dr Lovely Dasgupta, Associate Professor, NUJS.
The second session was held on 12th May (Tuesday), with Prof. Sidharth Chauhan (the faculty advisor for the NALSAR Public Policy Lecture Series) speaking on 'Political Obligations during Public Health Emergency'. This session was moderated by Prof. Dr Shameek Sen.
· The third session of the NUJS Online Lecture series will be on the topic "Digital Rights and Aarogya Setu App".
· Speaker: Mr. Suhrith Parthsarathy, NUJS '08 and Advocate, Madras High Court.
· The session will be moderated by Prof. Agnidipto Tarafder
· Date: 14th May
· Time 5:00 PM
· The lecture will be available here.
· The fourth session of the NUJS Online Lecture series will be on the topic "Sedition".
· Speaker: Mr. Aman Lekhi, Additional Solicitor General of India
· The session will be moderated by Mr. Pranay Lekhi, NUJS '19 and LLM Candidate (International Law), University of Cambridge.
· Date: 15th May (Friday)
· Time: 6:00 PM
LiveLaw is the media partner for the series.