Sree Narayana Law College, Kochi has announced its "1st All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2020".
Virtual Moot is an initiative targeting law students across the country, who are in pursuit of showcasing their advocacy and research skills, the sine qua non of legal profession. The core objective is to help law students to polish their professional abilities thereby enhancing their competency to handle future endeavours.
Theme: The Moot proposition is based on constitutionality of hate speech, criminal contempt of court and legality of prior censorship.
Team Composition and Eligibility:
- Each team shall comprise of two speakers and one researcher.
- Students from all law colleges/institutions/universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the Competition.
- All participants must be currently pursuing their bachelor's degree in Law, i.e., either 3-year or 5-year courses.
- Only one team per college shall be allowed to participate.
- The official language of the competition shall be English.
- Release of moot proposition: 01/11/2020
- Last date for online provisional registration: 20/11/2020
- Date of intimation for the teams successfully registered: 21/11/2020
- Last date for seeking clarifications based on the moot proposition: 23/11/2020
- Last date for submission of memorials: 25/11/2020
- Last date for final registration: 01/12/2020
- Last date for submission of video recordings of oral arguments: 05/12/2020
- Semi-final rounds: 19/12/2020
- Final round: 20/12/2020
Registration Fee: Rs. 1000 per team
The brochure for the competition can be found here.
The moot proposition can be found here.
The rulebook can be found here.