Parichay is a collaborative legal aid clinic set up by law schools in India, to assist persons excluded from the National Register of Citizens in Assam. The clinic invites applications from students for the position of Volunteers.
Eligibility: Second year and above in a 5-year LL.B degree / any year in a 3-year LL.B degree / LL.M. students. Students with written and oral communication skills in Assamese and Bengali will be preferred.
Duration of Work: Minimum 6 months
Mode: Remote work
Volunteers will work remotely and assist with the following research, drafting and training tasks:
- Working with lawyers and paralegals to draft Appeals or Written Statements to be filed before the Foreigners' Tribunals, based on the specific rejection orders and factual matrices of each case;
- Attending legal training sessions conducted by lawyers or Core Team Members to be equipped for the drafting exercises;
- Attending workshops to be well versed with Parichay's policy guidelines on data security, sexual harassment, equity, mental health etc.;
- Assisting with the preparation of training manuals to be used by paralegals and future volunteers for appeals before the Foreigners' Tribunals;
- Conducting research on case laws and legal questions revolving around citizenship, human rights or constitutional law, for appeals before the Gauhati High Court, Supreme Court, or other strategic litigation that Parichay may assist with;
- Engaging in data analysis to generate policy recommendations.
Fill this form with your personal details, relevant experience and a statement of purpose of no more than 250 words.
Deadline for Applications: 5th January 2021(23:59 hrs).
For any queries, email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Volunteering opportunity, click here