IP Matters is organising its 1st National IP Essay Writing Competition to promote research and creativity in the field of IP Law. This competition is organised to catalyse IP enthusiasts to conduct research and bring forth unique ideas.
Students, professionals and academicians interested in Intellectual Property Law.
1500-2000 words (excluding citation)
How to Register?
- Registration fees:
- Rs.200/- for single author
- Rs.300/- for co-authorship (two maximum)
- Payment has to be made through UPI to: +91 99865 36612 (Janhavi K M)
- For Registration, click here
Note: The transaction receipt must be attached and the transaction ID must be mentioned in the registration form.
The Theme is Intellectual Property Law and a few themes are illustrated for reference purposes. However, candidates are allowed to choose any topic under the realm of Intellectual Property Law.
- Unconventional trademarks
- Domain name protection
- Trademark Parody
- First to use v. First to file
- Copyrights for food items, smells, etc.
- Traditional Knowledge and Traditional Cultural Expressions
- Street Art and Copyrights
- Fair Use v. Fair Dealing
- Compulsory Licensing
- Patent trolls
- Patent Ever greening
- GI and cultural empowerment
- Overlap between GI and other forms of IP
- International Organisations and IP enforcement
- Business Strategy and IP
- Competition Law and IP
- Taxation and IP
Last Date for Registration: March 20, 2021
Last Date of Submission: April 10, 2021
Evaluation process by the Panel of Judges: April 10- April 30, 2021
Declaration of Results: May 1, 2021
- 1st Prize: Rs.2000 + E-certificate and publication of paper on the IP Matters Website.
- 2nd Prize: Rs.1000 + E-certificate and publication of paper on the IP Matters Website.
- Top 5 papers will receive a certificate of merit. These papers may be published on the IP Matters Website subject to certain changes as required.
Poorvika Chandanam (+91 8618205769), Founding Editor, or Janhavi K.M (+91 9986536612), Editor-in-Chief, IP Matters.
For Website, click here
For Brochure, click here