Adhyayan Foundation in association with the International Law Forum is organising "The Chanakya International Law Lecture Series'', an initiative to foster academic research in the area of international law by providing a platform to discuss and deliberate current events, and to allow young international law enthusiasts to share and expand their knowledge.
The inaugural lecture of the series shall be on 'Enrica Lexi Case: A View from the Other Side' by Prof Attila Tanzi, who was the lead counsel for Italy against India in the Enrica Lexie Case at the Permanent Court of Arbitration at the Hague, Netherlands.
About the Organization
Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research, a joint effort of graduates from National Law Universities, is an independent UP based think tank dedicated to producing quality research to help in the formulation, assessment, and implementation of public policies.
About the Speaker
- Prof Attila Tanzi, who was the lead counsel for Italy against India in the Enrica Lexie Case at the Permanent Court of Arbitration at the Hague, Netherlands.
- He holds the chair of International Law at the University of Bologna for the past thirteen years. He has also been the Chairman of the Legal Board of the UNECE Water Convention and a Legal consultant and special rapporteur to WHO and UNECE .
- He is a member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration, conciliator at the Court of Conciliation and Arbitration of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, and legal consultant to Italy's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. On several occasions, he was the member of Italy's delegation to the Sixth Committee (Legal) to the U.N. General Assembly.
- Professor Tanzi is also the author of a number of books, including International Investment Law and Arbitration: an Introductory Casebook (2013, CEDAM), Introduzione al Diritto Internazionale Contemporaneo (2016 (5° ed.), CEDAM), The Consolidation of international Water Law. A Comparative Analysis of the UN and UNECE Water Conventions (2017, Editoriale Scientifica) and A Concise Introduction to International Law (2019, Giappichelli-Eleven).
Details of the Session
Topic- 'Enrica Lexi Case: A View from the Other Side'.
Date – 8th of January, 2021.
Time – 4:00 p.m (IST)
Mode: Direct Video Conferencing
Platform: CISCO Webex
For Registration, click here
- The participants are advised to download the application of the said platform for better connection.
- Participants can also share their questions for the speaker through the registration form. Only those questions that are submitted by 5th of January shall be considered.
For more details about the organisation, speaker etc, click here